Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!
Are all of you looking forward to the festivities of Thanksgiving? Do you enjoy cooking? Why not try something creative and cook with essential oils?! Very tasty! Here are some recipes!
5 cups apple, sliced
¼ cup sugar
1 pinch nutmeg
½ teaspoon cinnamon
6 drops Lemon oil
¼ cup flour
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 ⅓ cup butter
1 teaspoon vinegar
6–7 tablespoons of cold water
- Mix all pie filling ingredients together. Cook on medium heat until it comes to a boil. Stir constantly so that sugars don’t burn. Set aside.
- For pie crust, place flour, salt, and butter in a medium bowl. Crumb together until little beads form.
- Place the egg, vinegar, and cold water in a separate bowl. Mix thoroughly.
- Slowly pour liquid into the bowl with your dry ingredients, folding it in as you pour until flour mixture is moistened. Don’t overmix. Divide into four balls.
- Roll out two balls to make the bottom crust and place in two nine-inch pie shells.
- Distribute pie filling between two pie crusts.
- Slice one tablespoon of butter and distribute evenly across the top of pie filling.
- Roll out top crust and place on top of filling.
- Pinch bottom and top crust together between thumb and index finger.
- Bake on 350° F for one hour, or until golden brown.
Tip: Brush the top of the crust with egg whites and sprinkle on some raw sugar for a rustic look.